Children are curious about the important people in their world. Look at family photo albums together to help your child develop a sense of who he is as he learns about the people in his life.
Before bed, while waiting for mom to return from work, or during a quiet time, look at family photos.
- Take turns telling stories about different family members in the photos.
- Talk about the role each person plays in the family and in his life.
Point out things your child can do now that he could not do when he was a baby. Marvel at (and show pictures of) how he has grown from a baby to a toddler.
- Tell stories about when he was a baby and how family members helped him learn to walk, talk, etc.
Take turns recalling a traditional holiday meal or other event.
- Talk about the foods you ate, games you played, or music you listened to together.
- Tell stories about the sights, sounds, and smells that you both remember.
- Be sure to include the important people who shared these experiences!