Your baby is ready to see the world. When you play airplane, you can give him a bird’s-eye view.
- Hold your baby across your forearms like you are carrying a platter.
- Raise your arms up and down as you circle the room or the yard.
- Make airplane noises as you lift and dive, and change your voice to sound like a pilot in a cockpit as you describe the takeoff, flight, and the gentle (but a little bouncy) landing on the sofa or bed.
Your baby might also like a trip on a rocket ship.
- Squat down and hold him around the torso. As you rise up, start rumbling and then make a quick sound blast as you raise baby to the ceiling—Liftoff!
- Pretend to be “mission control” as you talk to your baby and give him a tour. (For this activity, make sure your baby can support his head, and clear all hazards from the floor.)