- Help Toddlers Express Themselves in Positive Ways
- Expand Toddlers’ Language as You Talk, Read, and Play Together
- Help Toddlers Explore How Things Relate to Each Other
- Try It
- Wrap Up
- Learning Guidelines and Standards
- autonomy: ability to make decisions for oneself and direct one’s own behavior
- empathy: ability to recognize, share, understand, and consider another person’s feelings
- positive guidance: helping a child learn good behaviors and self control
Now you're ready to implement the best practices you’ve learned with the toddlers in your program. Complete the second half of the Self-Assessment to discover how much your skills may have improved.
Congratulations! Whether your progress was subtle or dramatic, you've undoubtedly increased your understanding and strengthened your skills. But this is just the beginning—there are many ways to improve and support your children’s learning experience. Look for more informative self-paced tutorials in the Professional Development section of this website.
For a summary of best practices, download the Best Practices (PDF). To see the standards this module correlates to, download the Learning Guidelines and Standards (PDF).