- Foster a Sense of Self
- Celebrate Differences in Others
- Teach About Fairness
- Try It
- Wrap Up
- cultural diversity: the different beliefs, religions, languages, family heritage, socio-economic background, and ethnicities in a group
- ethnicity: a societal grouping based on place of origin of a person and his or her ancestors
- linguistic diversity: the many different home languages spoken in a group
- race: a societal grouping based on physical and biological characteristics that people share
Now you're ready to implement the best practices you’ve learned with the children in your program. Complete the second half of the Self-Assessment to discover how much your skills may have improved.
Congratulations! Whether your progress was subtle or dramatic, you've undoubtedly increased your understanding and strengthened your skills. But this is just the beginning—there are many ways to improve and support your children’s learning experience. Look for more informative self-paced tutorials in the Professional Development section of this website.
For a summary of best practices, download the Best Practices (PDF). To see the standards this module correlates to, download the Standards (PDF).