To learn more about your child’s development, you may want to read “Learn and Grow Together” at http://www.mass.gov/edu/birth-grade-12/early-education-and-care/parent-and-family-support/. This 16-page guide, developed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese), includes information on ages and stages of your child, as well as suggestions for fun, low-cost family activities.
Five printable learning guides, also developed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (in English, Spanish, Haitian, Khmer, Chinese, and Portuguese), are available at http://machildcareresourcesonline.org/eec/eec-family-brochures/.
- Talk to Me! You Are Your Child’s First Teacher
- Physical Health and Well Being
- Cognitive Development
- Social Emotional Development
- Approaches to Learning
For more about your child’s development, visit the Child Development section of PBS Parents:
- If you have a 3-year old child, visit the Baby & Toddler Child Development Tracker at http://www.pbs.org/parents/child-development/baby-and-toddler/.
- If you have a 4-year old or 5-year old child, visit the Preschool & Kindergarten Child Development Tracker at http://www.pbs.org/parents/child-development/preschool-kindergarten/.